Sunday, February 10, 2013

Topic Discussion


On February 6, 2013 in Professor Sweeney class we had a discussion on the topic we picked for our first paper which was about “Pop Culture”. I felt it was a waste of time. I really wasn't feeling to well due to a major tooth ache so I really didn't participate verbally, but I wrote some of my ideas in my notebook. I don’t think the idea of discussing topics was a waste of time but, the topics we gave. Yes we named stuff like popular television shows and other current items. However what about those topics can we write about? Professor Sweeney was trying to get us to realize like topics aren't just one word. I also think we weren't listening because after Professor Sweeney said “What about these topics?” we kept naming television shows and celebrities. So basically we named a bunch of words. But some topics I was thinking about in my head was “Head and brain damage on football players.”, “Does fast food commercials help influence obesity?”, and “Does Violent video games have some mental effect on people that produce massacres?” These are some of the topics I thought about writing about. So times we have a class were we do discussion on topics I think we should do it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment